Monday 25 February 2013

GILLIGAN!!!!

Oh, the much maligned desert island cartoon, so cliché and so unloved, singled out in submission guidelines as the one cartoon type editors do not want to see, and yet I don't know a single cartoonist who doesn't have at least one in their body of work. Why? What's the allure? Quite simply, they're fun to do! In fact, I did one today, and here it is:

 
I have no idea how many of these things I've produced over the years, but it's quite a few, so I thought, hey, why not share a few more with you good folks?
 

 
 


This cartoon was described as a deformed frog in space sitting on a potato.

 
 
 

Well, that's it for now. Maybe one day I'll treat you to a series of cartoons featuring a guy crawling on his hands and knees through the desert. 'Til then...

Later, people.


EXCITING UPDATE: Okay, that may be overstating things a bit, but I did come across this short interview with Bob Mankoff ( Cartoon Editor for The New Yorker ) about - of all things - desert island cartoons! You can find it here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment