Thursday 21 February 2013

DAMN YOU, WINTER, YOU WIN THIS ROUND!

Well, it was my intention to get started on a new cartoon this morning, but nature had other ideas. It just won't stop freakin' snowing!!! Not a lot, mind you, but the wind is having a field day blowing it into waist-high drifts in my driveway. If we hoped to ever leave this place before the spring thaw something had to be done, so my lovely daughter, Sarah, and I went out and spent a few hours clearing it away. I guess that's par for the course when you live in Canada, but it's still a royal pain in the ass!

Here's the truth about Canadians and winter - the common belief is that we Canucks are a hardy breed who laugh in the face of blizzards and freezing temperatures that would cripple a city in other countries, but in reality there are only three types of people who enjoy this weather: kids, skiers, and the mentally deranged.

Oh, and my dog - my dog loves the snow.

And so that brings me to today's cartoons. These were done for the good folks at BigGameHunt.net, though the second one, featuring the snowman, never made it onto the site for some reason, so I guess that makes this a WORLD EXCLUSIVE!!!
(Try to contain your excitement.)

Anyway, on with the show!



Well, that's it for today. I'm off to get started on that cartoon. (Haha, just kidding - I'm going to make a coffee and then sit here on the computer until the city plow pushes a big mound of snow across the front of my driveway and I have to go shovel again - God, I hate winter.)

Later, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment